Vikesh Kapoor is an old soul that produces heartfelt and compelling songs. He keeps you in the moment and tuned in to a feeling of purpose. Vikesh is truly enjoyable to watch live and I cannot wait for his up and coming album!
Three years ago, Vikesh Kapoor performed at Howard Zinn's memorial service in Boston, in front of Zinn's family and colleagues (including Noam Chomsky). Inspired by Zinn's lifelong battle against class/race injustice, Kapoor spent the next two years in Portland, Oregon working on a concept record based on a related newspaper article. His debut album, The Ballad Of Willy Robbins, out this Fall, chronicles the brutal but hopeful story of a working class man who slowly loses everything: ambitions, health, family, shelter. The album was co-produced by Adam Selzer (M. Ward) and features stellar participation from Nate Query (Decemberists, Black Prairie), Jeff Ratner (Langhorne Slim) and Birger Olsen (Denver).
"Searchin' for the Sun" is from the upcoming debut album "The Ballad of Willy Robbins" due out in the Fall. This live video was shot at the beginning of this run of tour dates in Portland, Oregon at Star Theater when he supported the amazing Laura Marling.
- Wed June 19 TT the Bears, Cambridge MA w/ Sam Amidon
- Thur June 20 Spotty Dog Books & Ale, Hudson NY
- Fri June 21 Make Music Philly (multiple shows), Philadelphia PA
- Sat June 22 Rockwood Music Hall, New York NY
- Sun June 23 Hillstock Festival, Brooklyn NY w/ Saintseneca
- Sun June 23 The Port at 745 Westminster, Providence RI
- Mon June 24 The Red Door, Portsmouth NH
- Tue June 25 Wooden Dinosaur House Show, Guilford VT
- Wed June 26 Cameo Gallery, Brooklyn NY
- Fri June 28 Iron Horse, Northampton MA w/ Night Beds
- Sun June 30 Mississippi Studios, Portland OR w/ Frontier Ruckus
- Thur July 18 UMS Festival, Denver CO
- Fri July 19 Daniels Hall w/ Tift Merritt
- Fri/Sat July 26-27 Timber! Outdoor Music Festival, Carnation WA